Alex Weiser of Weiser Family Farms is a grower of specialty fruits and vegetables in Kern and San Bernardino counties. You can find Alex and his produce at farmers’ markets across Southern California.
- What hooked you on farming?
- Father and mother
- The coolest example of science in your produce?
- The creation of it from seed!
- The produce you find most fascinating?
- Romanesco cauliflower
- What scientific concept–food related or otherwise–do you find most fascinating?
- Your best example of a food that is better because of science?
- How do you think science will impact your world of food in the next 5 years?
- There will be a lot of new biological tools available to farmers
- One kitchen tool you could not live without?
- Toaster oven
- Five things most likely to be found in your fridge?
- Citrus, potatoes, butter, pickles, broccoli
- Your all-time favorite ingredient?
- Favorite cookbook?
- Santa Monica Farmers’ Market Cookbook
- Your standard breakfast?
- A large coffee and seasonal fruit
Pingback: Why Are Root Vegetables Sweeter in Cold Weather? | scienceandfooducla
Pingback: Tri-Color Potato Salad | scienceandfooducla
Pingback: Science & Food 2014 Undergraduate Course | scienceandfooducla